Selection, Pricing Compliance and Performance
Vendor partnerships empower a large share of IT operations and having the right vendor can yield efficiencies and provide a competitive advantage.
Productive vendor relationships are grounded in a clear understanding of business objectives. Routine assessment of invoice pricing to contract terms and evaluation of service performance is critical to a mutually beneficial vendor arrangement.
We understand that conversations to challenge pricing or performance can be uncomfortable but with evidence-based analyses, BLC can empower dialogue that protects the interests of your organization while maintaining positive relationships with service providers.
Vendor Sourcing & Selection
BLC’s broad experience across multiple industries and vendors brings in-depth knowledge of best-in-class arrangements along the entire sourcing process.
Set objectives and document current state:
- Define and align business, project, performance and pricing goals
- Centralize and consolidate agreements
- Assess current vendor pricing and performance
- Analyze environments for optimization or leverage opportunities to fully utilize upgrade rights, contain maintenance spend and provide footprint transparency
Vendor selection and negotiation:
- Develop RFI/RFP project plan
- Design vendor qualification and selection process
- Support proposal rating with quantitative and qualitative measures
- Leverage favorable terms based on vendor, product and environment intel
- Quantify options and evaluate financial terms and business case alignment
- Negotiate meaningful service level agreements to disincentivize poor performance
- Model financial outcomes for future state, considering legacy systems and applications
- Recommend SLA structure, penalties and incentives to support quality and continuity
Implementation and transformation:
- Supplier onboarding, transformation advising and implementation planning
- Validation and verification of results to vendor proposal
- Negotiate and optimize renewals, enterprise license agreements and true-ups
Contract Compliance Pricing Review
Hundreds of IT invoices pass through an organization annually and complex billing practices mask overcharges, errors, mismatches and miscalculations. Reviewing invoices and payments can identify these issues but can be tedious and resource-intensive.
BLC utilizes proprietary tools and recovery methodologies to decipher obscure invoice line items, identify errors, challenge billing assumptions and deliver recovered overpayments and credits to your bottom line.
We provide customized tools, portals and processes to evaluate invoices, allocate costs to business units, assure that discounts are properly applied and manage vendor communications to resolve inaccurate charges.